Energy fields, such as sound and light, are all around us. Everything is made up of tiny particles and waveforms or energy patterns.
Electrical devices emit electrical fields and magnetic fields.
Devices powered by mains electricity operate at low frequencies and give off electromagnetic frequencies (EMF’s). Appliances like washing machines and TVs draw voltage from the wires behind your plug sockets, the more power is needed — the more electrical and magnetic fields are produced.
Higher frequencies are used for wireless communications (mobile phones, wifi etc). These frequencies radiate out as waves of energy so they are known as electromagnetic radiation (EMR’s). Mobile phone or TETRA masts, microwave ovens, wifi routers, mobile phones, cordless phones (DECT), smart meters, burglar alarms and digital baby monitors all give off EMR’s.
For most people, exposure to EMF’s and EMR’s is on the increase.
Whether at home or in the workplace, we are often surrounded by electrical equipment that emit EMF’s or EMR’s, otherwise known as “electrosmog”.
With our increasing use of electrical appliances and especially mobile phone, wifi and smart meter technology in our homes, it’s important to understand what effect this electrical pollution can have on our health. We also need to know how it can be measured and be reduced if necessary.
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
You may be experiencing electro-sensitivity and you will need to reduce your exposure to EMFs & EMR’s:
- Lack of motivation / lethargy Irritability Immunity problems
- Tiredness but unable to sleep
- Heart palpitations
- Weak, aching muscles and joints Concentration problems.
Might you be more vulnerable than others?
If you a parent or Grandparent, it’s important to know that children’s brains are much more affected by electro-smog, because their skulls are thinner and provide less protection.
Are you affected by any heavy metal toxicity (mercury, aluminium, lead etc), do you have “silver” amalgam fillings in your teeth, or have you worked with metals? If so, EMF exposure often makes related health problems much worse, because exposure to EMFs affect our internal enzymes in a way that makes detoxification more difficult. As a result, it’s crucial to limit your electro-smog exposure if you are dealing with heavy metal toxicity issues.
You can measure your home and work environment to check for EMF’s.
You can hire devices from: www.healthy–house.co.uk but technology is advancing so quickly that the measuring devices do not detect all the frequencies that you may be exposed to. For example, many of the measuring devices were created when we were only exposed to 2G mobile phone frequencies but we not use 4G and soon 5G – we have to assume that we are all exposed to high levels of EMF and up to half of us will be negatively affected by this.
Evidence is growing about the severe health effects of Electrosmog
A 25 million-dollar research study by the US National Toxicology programme is expected to announce in early 2018 that cell phone radiation can trigger brain cancer. The World Health Organisation confirmed in 2011 that radiofrequency electromagnetic fields can be carcinogenic to humans and in 2015 the French Government passed a law to reduce the exposure of children under 11 and banned WIFI in nursery schools.
With the introduction of 5G, the biggest concern is how the new wavelengths will affect us, because 90% of the transmitted power will be absorbed in the epidermis and dermis layer. This means that the skin will become more conductive, which could lead to many skin diseases and cancers as well as physical pain to the skin. Many countries are questioning the possible health impact of introducing 5G and there is already research emerging to show how it is damaging plants and wildlife.
Reducing your exposure.
We are not suggesting that most people need to stop using these technologies completely, but we all need to be aware of the risks.
Overall, reducing your usage and exposure is the most important thing to do. Relying on protection products or harmonising devices can give you a false sense of security.
Here are some easy ways of helping to reduce the effect and exposure to electrosmog:
- Natures Wisdom eShield range of products use the natural protective qualities in plant ingredients against the effects of EMF radiation. The range is the only one to use extracts from the herb Colleus Forskohlii which is the only plant that can trigger melanin production int he skin, which protects us against ionizing radiation.
- Don’t use mobiles in a car or train – the metal box you are travelling in amplifies the radiation
- Turn mobile phones off at night and don’t carry mobiles in your pocket – invest in a cover like a Safesleeve – turn the volume of your ringer up and leave your phone as far away from you as possible when its switched on
- If you have children who like to play on your phone or a tablet then download games and videos so that they can use it in flight safe mode
- Use mobile phones with headphones or speaker rather than hold it to your head – make sure the phone is nearer to a window than your head is so that the signal isn’t passing through your brain. You can buy low EMF / anti-radiation earpieces online (Amazon etc.)
- Try not to use your mobile when you have a poor signal – the radiation output is higher when its struggling
- Turn your wifi router off at night – use a timer switch plug and set it to turn off when you go to sleep and turn on just before you generally wake up
- Use a wired internet connection as much as possible – connect your phone / PC / laptop to your wifi router with an ethernet cable and turn off the wifi connection in the device settlings
- Switch laptops on to battery mode when you can and put laptops on a desk, not your lap. If must have it on your lap, use an anti-radiation laptop pad on a tray. It’s also good to use a separate keyboard and mouse (wired, not wireless) because you can then sit a bit further away from the device.
- Unplug all devices when not in use, especially in your bedroom while you sleep Cont…
- Use a corded landline phone when you can
- Avoid microwave cooking – leave the room if you use one
- Turn electric blankets off when you get in bed
- Refuse a smart meter – they are being offered to homes around the UK but give off high EMR’s.
- Wireless earphones, apple watches and fit-bits etc are all a bad idea if you are EMF sensitive
- House plants are also very efficient at absorbing electro-smog. You should have at least one near your router – the more leafy plants do the job best.
There are protection devices and shielding equipment that you can buy to reduce your exposure: www.healthyhouse.co.uk sell many of them
Protective clothing is also available. It is most important to cover your abdomen to protect your bowel flora and enzymes www.emfclothing.com sell various types.
Some people find that harmonising devices reduce their symptoms. They are designed to neutralise harmful radiation to a more tolerable frequency. I find the Geomack Oyster reduces the effects of using my laptop. Geomack also sell whole house harmonising devices – both are available throughhealthy-house.co.uk
If you are very sensitive then you can use shielding fabric to create an EMF free space (a sleeping environment for example), but it’s important to get expert advice about grounding to make sure this is done correctly.
You can also protect walls with a shielding paint – www.electrosmogshielding.co.uk sell Y-Shield which is getting good reports.
Health testing and treatment programmes:
As part of our naturopathic testing and treatment programmes at NTA we help you to identify if electrosmog may be affecting you and have treatments which help to reduce their impact.
Natures Wisdom sell a range of products called eShield which protect you from the effect of EMFs in various ways. There is more information about eShield below.
Sonia O’Donnell LCPH MARH FCMA
for NTA Health 2020
eShield products contain plant ingredients that offer natural protective elements against the effects of radiation exposure.
All products in the range are 100% natural and un-perfumed. The ingredients have been chosen for their different properties and combined into body products that can be applied to the skin.
We recommend the eShield cream be applied to the areas that are most affected by EMF exposure, usually the abdomen, chest and areas over the adrenal, thymus, thyroid and pituitary glands. The cream can also be used on the hands and eyelids for people that use computers / mobile phones / tablets.
eShield cream – key ingredients:
- Hemp seed oil – rich in vitamin A and D and has neuroprotective qualities.
- Vitamin A protects mucus membranes and protects the thymus gland against radiation
- Vitamin D protects against radiation damage particularly from low level radiation.
- Bee propolis a powerful antioxidant, research shows that bee propolis has a powerful protective effect against radiation.
- Neem oil – high in Vitamin C, E, carotenoids, quercetin, antioxidants and fatty acids. The carotenoids protect the skin against radiation and oxidative stress.
- Coleus Forskohlii – Coleus is the only plant that can trigger melanin production which protects us against ionizing radiation
- Coriander herbal extract – research shows that coriander leaf extract protected against skin damage caused by radiation
- Also: Rosemary herbal extract
- Lavender herbal extract
- Peteroselenium herbal extract
- Yarrow essence
- Homeopathic arnica
- Homeopathic melatonin to compensate for effect of EMFs on the pineal gland.
Soap bars, laundry liquid and eShield Multi nutrient powders
eShield multi nutrient powders contain:
Coconut whey, grape skins, stevia, hemp seed, pre and probiotics, plant based enzymes and minerals, flax seeds, kelp, alfalfa, chastree, neem seeds, wild oats, chlorella vulgaris, choline, colleus forskohlii, reishi mushroom, green tea and turmeric.
To provide minerals, vitamins and enzymes in a highly bioavailable form, plus chlorella, reishi mushroom, green tea and turmeric which all have protective qualities against radiation.
eShield Laundry Liquid – uses eShield protective ingredients in a perfume free natural washing liquid that you use in your washing machine to add a protective layer to your clothes.