What can I do to support my body with trauma and anxiety?
Remedies and supports that help:
Firstly, it’s important to replace nutrients, especially minerals with a good multi nutrient supplement.
Homeopathic remedies – you can alternate between 2 remedies if both fit how you are feeling.
30c is a good potency to take 2-3 x daily
- Aconite – the best remedy for any kind of shock and fear unless one of the remedies below fits better.
- Arg-nit – for fear and anxiety where people are very nervous and suggestible so easily upset. People needing this remedy tend to have digestive disturbance as well like flatulence, belching or even explosive diarrhoea.
- Arnica – grief and shock, especially after an injury or a financial loss
- Arsenicum album – extreme fear and don’t want to be left alone, very restless and can’t relax because adrenaline is high, feel tired of living
- Calc carb – symptoms of magnesium depletion and calcium / magnesium imbalance caused by stress. One knock on effect is a reduction in stomach acid production and digestion slows down. Thyroid also becomes unstable. They feel exhausted, overworked and overwhelmed – so much so they can’t get on and do any work.
- Gelsemium – another adrenal exhaustion remedy, people feel exhausted. Continuous worry and anticipation or shock after getting bad news. Helps to keep immune system alert of viruses.
- Phosphorus – people that need phos are usually sociable and loving, but sensitive and when they are anxious they become spaced out and in need of reassurance
- Natrum-mur – another mineral imbalance remedy that becomes needed because of the effect of adrenal fatigue on sodium levels, that is needed after fright, fear, grief and disappointments. People that need nat-mur have become fixated on bad things that happened, they can’t cry and can’t get over things.
- Lycopodium – is especially good for anticipatory anxiety about something that might be going to happen
- Opium – for ailments from shocks and fear that leave you paralysed in that you can’t think and you can’t move forward with anything. People needing this remedy become indifferent to everything around them.
- Pulsatilla – is good for sensitive, easily upset people who need a lot of consoling and reassurance. They usually cry a lot.
Combinations of homeopathic remedies:
AAA Mind calm combination – a combination of remedies for trauma, shock and fear
Bach Flower rescue remedy – gentle calming remedy drops that you can take as often as you need to.
All homeopathic remedies can be ordered on this webpage.
- Apium seed helps to regulate the nervous system and helps to reduce anxiety and depression
- Avena sativa is a gentle nerve tonic – for nervous exhaustion and helps get a restful sleep
- Astragalus – supports the nervous system, regulates adrenal function whether they are overactive or under-active and also supports the immune system
- Ashwaganda – anti-inflamatory and balances hormone system, including the adrenals
- Chamomile – helps with anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Hemp – in its pure form is full of essential nutrients that help reduce anxiety and boost brain function
- Passiflora – contains lots of calcium and magnesium and calms the nervous system, reducing blood pressure
- Schizandra – another balancer for the endocrine system and so supports the nervous system. Good for exhaustion from stress
- St John’s Wort – great for nervous system especially anxiety and depression also a good blood purifier
- Valerian root is known as “Nature’s Valium” and works by inhibiting the breakdown of GABA in the brain which helps you to feel calm and helps you to relax.
Natures Wisdom support formulas:
- Adrenal support powders contain the RDA of all the minerals and vitamins you need in plant form, plus apium seed, star anise and valerian root to support the adrenals and nervous system. Also comes as a tincture for children.
- Anxiety support tincture contains Chinese skullcap, valerian root, chamomile, wild sage, passiflora and hemp seed oil with homeopathic serotonin, cortisol and oxytocin, also Bach flower remedies Cherry Plum, Impatiens and Rock Rose to provide all round support for the nervous system and calm anxiety. Suitable for adults or children.
- Calm me tea – is pure hemp, hibiscus, rosehip, valerian. This is the perfect infusion to drink when feeling stressed, anxious or in need of some relaxation. It combines well with Anxiety Support Tincture and Sleep Tincture for people that are especially anxious and not able to sleep well.
- Hug in a bottle for people feeling lonely and missing connections with other people – lavender, chamomile, hisbiscus, Chinese skullcap, marine phytoplankton, rose, Bach flower remedy, white chestnut and homeopathic oxytocin.
- Pure Happy Drops boost serotonin and reduces feelings of depression. Contains Chinese skullcap, valerian, chamomile and sage plus homeopathic serotonin and Bach flowers: mustard, elm and gentian.
- Sleep support tincture combines herbs, including valerian, that relax the brain and nervous system, with herbs that relax the adrenal system. Contains chamomile, valerian root and Chinese skullcap and is suitable for adults and children.